- Start small and gradually increase your activity level. If you’re new to exercise, it’s important to start slowly and gradually build up your endurance and strength. This will likely create a habit you can stick to also.
- Find activities that you enjoy. If you enjoy the activity, you’re more likely to stick with it.
- Make a schedule and stick to it. Choose a time of day that works best for you to exercise and try to stick to that schedule as much as possible.
- Stay hydrated. Make sure to drink plenty of water before, during, and after your workouts.
- Listen to your body. If you’re feeling tired or sore, take a break or reduce the intensity of your workout.
- Get support. Consider joining a group class, hiring a coach or finding a workout buddy to help you stay motivated and on track.
- Don’t get discouraged. Everyone has setbacks and it’s normal to have good days and bad days. Just keep trying and you’ll eventually see progress. Consistency is the key.
If you would like some motivation and guidance to get you going, join one of my online classes – 1 class, 1 week membership or 1 month membership options available.